Old North Skelton Band

Like many East Cleveland villages, North Skelton was a pit village. The local mine produced iron stone for the iron and steel production process on Teesside and like many other pit villages had a Brass Band. North Skeltons' band was paid for by miners' contributions of 1 penny per week.

 

The Band existed from the mid 1800's until the 1950's when mine closures throughout the area saw many Bands disappear.